Pages

Timeless Sewing

My camera battery was so low I've ended up with these lollipop girl pictures...Myself and cameras are a hit and miss affair...they never work when I want them too.

I wanted to take a pic of this dress that I made over 20 years ago. I knew once the dress came off my girl after she's been out to her dress-up party I'd never get her in the dress again. It would once again live in a black plastic bag in the garage...

 I sill love this dress as much as I did when I sewed it for her high school dance....I'm glad I never let her throw it out. The fabric is a pink taffeta with black velvet flocking. I bought the fabric from Ballantynes when they still had a fabric department, it was about $18.00 per metre, pretty expensive back then. The sewing pattern I used was Style 1462.



Wearing it 23 years later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...