Pages

Boiled Cake Baking

I have too many dried sultanas and I don't know what to with them......so it's cake baking time!
This is a very old recipe I'm not sure where it came from....... it's just written on a messy scrap of paper  stuck in my baking book (it's not even in metric measurements). It must be fifteen years since I made this cake so I have forgotten whether I let the sultanas cool before adding the rest of the ingredients. I settled for warm sultanas and hoped the sultana cake wouldn't go heavy.......It didn't it was a success and looks rustic, messy, yummy and perhaps just little bit too too tasty!
Boiled Cake Recipe
Ingredients:
1lb of sultanas
1/2 lb butter
3 eggs
1 teacup of sugar (I use 1/2 to 3/4)
21/2 cups flour
1tsp baking powder (mine was heaped)
1 tsp vanilla (I used a cap full)
Method:
Cover sultanas with water and boil 5 minutes then strain.
Cut in the butter (put in with the sultanas, it melts)
Beat egg and sugar then add in the sultana butter mix.
Then fold in the rest of the dry ingredients.
Cook at 325 degrees for 1 1/4 hours
I cooked my cake at 180 Celsius for 1 hour


Baked in a round cake tin

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...