Pages

Tru-Lock Stitches

My Tru-Lock is a heavy metal 3 thread over locker, a very dependable machine and over or nearly 30 years old.
  • Where did I buy it?  I can't remember the brand of sewing machines in the shop, so have no idea who made this brand. It could be Janome, Brother, Babylock who knows? Today I noticed that  the brand Brother is stamped on the machine foot. (but I think that was replaced 15 years ago so may not be the original).
  • Is it hard to thread? Yes it is ( mainly the lower lopper) but you get used to it, very simple to work out when it's been threaded wrong......
  • Has it a Light? No it hasn't but I am told you can put one on.......I haven't bothered.
  • Is it Portable? Yes but it's so heavy and not easy to lift so best left on the sewing table....
  • Has it automatic tension? No you adjust the dials manually........
  • What stitches does it do? Just a three thread stretch stitch......
  • Does it  have differential feed? No it's too old for that!
  • What fabrics does it handle? Most with adjustments but I hate using polar fleece because it blunts the knife
Tru-Lock 3 thread stitches...looking good!
I wouldn't part with this one......I've sewn heaps on this......
The Tru-Lock has been very dependable over the years

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...